Auto Insurance protects more than just your vehicle. Most states require that all motorist obtain Auto Insurance. It protects you, your passengers, pedestrians, and even your car. Let us help you ensure you are covered sufficiently. Understanding your auto insurance policy will give you peace of mind.
We rate autos with: Nationwide/Allied , IMT/Wadena, Progressive, Grinnell & Northstar Mutual. Many of these companies offer multiple policy & multi-car discounts. You can save money with discounts: Homeowner, Eft, Paid in Full, Good Student, Paperless, Accident Free, Continous Coverage, Safe Driving, Good credit, Advanced Quote, Snap Shot Discount & More. Because coverage costs per vehicle vary, it is important to call prior to purchasing your new vehicle for a quote.
Picking up a new vehicle? The State of IA extends the broadest coverage on an existing vehicle on the policy to a vehicle that has not been added within 5 days of purchase. Call the office as soon as you can to add the vehicle to your policy.
Don’t forget we also write coverage for other vehicles such as ATV, Motorcycles, Golf Carts, Trailers & RVs.
Auto Insurance provides the following basic coverages:
- Liability coverage protects you against claims or lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage arising out of the operation of an auto.
- Medical payments coverage compensates for reasonable and necessary medical and funeral expenses because of bodily injury to you or passengers caused by an auto accident. This is a component of personal injury protection (PIP) in certain states.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or No-Fault Coverage compensates you for expenses resulting from injuries sustained in an accident. The expenses may include your medical costs, wage loss, replacement services, and in the event of death, funeral expenses. This coverage is only available in no-fault insurance states such as Minnesota.
- Physical damage coverage compensates for damage to a covered auto and to certain non-owned autos. This includes collision and other than collision coverage (also known as comprehensive coverage).
In addition to the basic coverages above, an auto insurance policy can be customized to include additional coverage. If you finance or lease your car, your lender may require you to purchase comprehensive and collision coverages.
- Uninsured Motorists Coverage pays for injuries to you or passengers in your vehicle arising from an accident caused by an uninsured vehicle or a hit-and-run vehicle. This coverage includes compensation for items such as medical bills, loss of income, or pain and suffering, but does not pay for the damage to your vehicle.
- Underinsured Motorists Coverage pays for injuries to you or passengers in your vehicle arising from an accident caused by a vehicle without sufficient liability limits to pay for all of the injuries sustained. This coverage includes compensation for items such as medical bills, loss of income, or pain and suffering, but does not pay for the damage to your vehicle.
- Collision Coverage covers damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object, or as a result of flipping over. Coverage is included whether you are at-fault or not at-fault.
- Other Than Collision (Comprehensive) covers damage to a vehicle caused by miscellaneous hazards other than collision, such as fire, theft, explosion, windstorm, hail, water or contact with an animal.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage pays for a rental car if your auto is damaged in an accident.
- Roadside Assistance pays for towing services, fuel delivery, battery jumpstarts, flat tires, lockouts, and other minor repairs.